i wish i could say things are slowing down as fall is slowly approaching... instead it feels like we are winding up for something. only i don't know what that something is, which makes it even more overwhelming. you see the picture above is from a year ago. a year ago, i was pregnant with nora (and still wearing cute jeans), kyle was holding my hand (rare), paige was sweetly sitting on my lap (even more rare), and we were watching this...
i know this may sound insignificant, but i already forgot about those shoes that wade was wearing. did he really wear crocs that color, did i buy those? i don't remember.
so much about this "season" of my life is hard. hard. but it is going by way. too. fast.
and i want to remember it all.
hey betsy, thinking about you today. the missionaries downstairs have 2 little ones and one on the way. it's overwhelming for her and she knows it'll just get tougher but she absolutely loves her two "lovebirds." she, and you :), are an inspiration to me of women who soak up the joys and sorrows of the hard life of motherhood and, probably unknowingly, glorify God in those hours and minutes of each day that God calls you to be mommy. hug those little birds for me. love you friend.
ReplyDeleteps - i LOVE the packed lunches link. how jolly! wish i could have all those yummy American foods and berries :)
ReplyDeleteDang! You always seem to say the things I'm feeling! Yes, this season of my life is HARD! But I don't want to forget any of it. The tiniest details that I thought I'd never forget are gone & that makes me sad. I'm trying to stay in the moment and cherish them always.
ReplyDeleteI feel like my head is screwed on wrong.
ReplyDeleteTHANKS. for reminding me I'm not the only one.
I couldn't remember one of my BEST friends' last names just now. What is WRONG with me?
i'm so glad you're my friend. thanks for this sweet reminder. ;
ReplyDelete